Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Can anyone give me realistic information about camping in the Adirondacks?

We endlessly search for details regarding new information on forklifts. Here is an important question that I thought you would find thought-provoking.

Question by markwnjr: Can anyone give me realistic information about camping in the Adirondacks?
I've done a tiring amount of research about the Adirondack's and how you can fish and camp and blah blah blah. Well I've done plenty of camping, but this is my first time in charge of planning.

What I'm looking to do is take my truck "Off-Road" as I just lifted it and kind put nice tires on it. Anyways, I mainly want to figure out where I can camp? Do I need to make reservations? Does it cost anything? Does it depend on where I am? Can I just camp...wherever?

We want to fish... and definitely camp near a pond or something. We want to try and eat what we catch too..

Internet is telling me nothing. Can anyone give me any information please? We want a secluded area to camp... meaning no one else around to bother us... we want to fish.. we'll be using old fashioned tents.

Best answer:

Answer by chris w
There are two types of camping, with a car or on foot. With a car it matters not where you camp as you can bring what ever, how ever. On foot your limited to what you can carry. There are two types of campgrounds, those that are developed and could have all the accouterments you would want and the others are primitive simple clearings where you could lay down and sleep.

Developed campgrounds cater to the car camper and popular ones either get filled fast or are reserved six months in advance and always cost money anywhere from $ 10 to a $ 110+ depending on seasons and accouterments. Primitive sites you either hike too or discover by car on some lonely forest road and you cannot reserve these and generally are free or the cost of a parking fee $ 5 a day $ 30 a year.

All can be found in your local national parks, forests, state and county parks.
http://woodalls.com/ lists all the developed campgrounds that exist

To find primitive sites that is discovery and up to you and your ability to see and read a map

http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=37.74777,-118.94331&z=15&t=T

Good Luck!

Add your own answer in the comments!

Be sure and check out all the questions in articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment