Saturday, December 7, 2013

Why is my truck getting such bad gas mileage?

I perpetually hunt for news regarding new information on forklift. Here is an important question that we thought you would find informative.

Question by Andy: Why is my truck getting such bad gas mileage?
I have a 97 Ram 1500 with the 5.9 and an automatic. It doesn't have big tires or a lift, exhaust and everything is factory, this is a total plain ol "grandpa truck." It has new plugs and wires, but it averages about 9 mpg. I do mostly city driving, and I don't ever hammer on it. I drive like a grandma. Now I know trucks aren't made to get good gas mileage, but 9 is a little ridiculous. It's only got 143k miles on it. What else could I change/replace that would help?

Best answer:

Answer by Mr. Sonny
Not much you can do-big v8 & it's a heavy vehicle.

What do you think? Answer below!

Be sure and check out all the questions asked in info.

No comments:

Post a Comment