Friday, March 1, 2013

Toddler just started saying swear words what do i do?

We perpetually work news regarding new information on fork trucks. Here is an important question that I thought you would find entertaining.

Question by angelle: Toddler just started saying swear words what do i do?
My almost 2 year old daughter is learning how to talk, she knows alot of words and can understand what we say to her and respond quite well...however sometimes when she says something it comes out as something different which i know is normal. A few days ago I had thought that I heard her say a swear word, but I wasn't sure as like i said sometimes words come out and they sound different, so i let it go...then that same day I heard her clearly say something that I know was a swear word. We don't swear around her and we don't watch or listen to anything that has swear words because we know kids pick it up like nothing, so I have no idea how she started saying it. I'm worried because I don't want her to be one of those kids that swear what can I do? I havent made a big deal cause i know if you do they tend to want to say it more, but I can't just ignore it. I have tried to replace it with a similar sounding word so that she just says that but that doesn't seem to be working, what can i do?

Best answer:

Answer by DenJansen
You're on the right track. Don't make a big deal of it. If she can understand what you're saying, then tell her, straightforward "We don't use that word, say 'shoot' instead. Or 'darnit'," something like that. If she doesn't figure it out, I wouldn't worry too much: in a few more months, she'll understand what's okay and what's not.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Be sure and check out all the questions in info.

No comments:

Post a Comment